All postings for professional staff, teachers and principals, will be listed in this space as they become available. All candidates must complete the official professional application to be considered for a teaching position or principal position and submit it to the Diocesan School Office. Applications are available on this website or at any elementary school within the diocese or from the Diocesan School Office, 43 Perkins Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360.
Click to Download:
Xavier High School, Middletown, CT
Assistant Director of Technology
Reports directly to the Director of Technology, who works closely with the Business Office in preparing the technology budget and in future planning for Xavier’s technology needs.
- yearly prepares a technology budget
- reviews requests for all computer purchases and makes recommendations to the administration
- selects, designs, evaluates, manages and most importantly maintains all hardware and software
- manages software updates, service contracts, warranty restrictions, copyright adherence, licensing agreements and security
- maintains an accurate record of computer inventory in the school including faculty laptops
- responsible for maintenance and updating of administrative computer systems
- installs and maintains all computers
- maintains all classroom technology
- serves as contact person with companies providing maintenance service contracts on school equipment
- responsible for network (local and wide area) administration, including adding of new employees to the network, assigning and monitoring network security, scheduling daily backups of networks
- oversees the design and implementation of voice and E-mail infrastructure within the school
- works with the technology committee and the administration to 1) develop and annually revise Xavier’s technology plan and 2) supervises the design and planning of ongoing staff development
- maintains the PC labs keeping all hardware and software in working order as well as assisting teachers in their attempts to use the lab for instruction
- remains current in the field by attending professional conferences and workshops
- teaching duties as assigned by the principal
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation (two professional and one personal), copies of transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) to Mrs. Donna Jaskot, Assistant to the Headmaster and Principal, Xavier High School, 181 Randolph Road, Middletown CT 06457 or firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2018 for consideration.